Vision and Mission
The vision of the Convergence Partnership is Healthy People, Healthy Places: a nation where every community fosters health, prosperity, and well-being for all.
The Partnership believes it will achieve its big vision through three critical changes in communities:
- Improved access to quality services and systems, such as affordable transit and healthy food, safe parks and active recreation, and other infrastructure and resources that allow all to thrive
- Greater equity that promotes community assets and creates economic opportunities for low-income people and people of color
- Diverse leadership representative of low-income communities and communities of color, shaping solutions at the local, state, and federal levels
The Partnership aims to fulfill its vision by promoting:
- equity as the means to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participate and prosper,
- policies and practices that create conditions that sustain healthy people and healthy places, and
- connections among people across multiple fields and sectors that catalyze and accelerate the work.